METAL SAFETY SPRAY SHIELDS
Drake Specialties’ comprehensive line of Spray Shields are backed by our industry-leading design of Metal Safety Spray Shields constructed of corrosion resistant 316 stainless steel.
Stainless Flange Spray Shields and Stainless Valve Spray Shields for all sizes and ratings of flanges, valves and all other types of piping connections, are readily available.
Although PTFE Spray Shields are the most popular shield style, 316 or 304 stainless steel models excel in highly aggressive and demanding applications, including concentrated chemicals, steam, flammables, high temperatures, and high pressure services.
There are 2 distinct styles of Metal Spray Shields – the well-known version of overlapping tabs design and our new, band/mesh/latch style, demonstrate our capabilities.
Our new band-style of Flange Protectors feature a stainless steel mesh netting that absorbs and dissipates hazardous sprays by distributing it around the flange circumference, reducing it to a mere visible drip. The tough netting also allows for ventilation, thus limiting corrosion due to complete entrapment of vapors or moisture.
Beyond doubt, all styles of Spray Shields, Flange Guards, Pipe Sleeves, Valve Guards, Flange Protectors by Drake Specialties provide safety and protection for personnel, equipment, and the environment.
Drake Specialties Metal Valve Spray Shields are constructed of 24 gauge 316 stainless steel sheet metal. Valve Shields are available for all sizes and types of valves with stems such as butterfly, ball and plug valves, and valves without stems such as check valves – both wafer and swing check valves.
Style I Series
Metal Flange Safety Spray Shields are designed to prevent, contain, and control a leak or high pressure spray-out from a flange. Our 316 stainless steel metal flange spray shields are specifically designed to fit around a flanged connection. Featuring a 316 Stainless Steel Mesh, they are designed to safely dissipate spray to help control hazardous leaks and spray-outs.
Related Products: Style II, PTFE Series
Style II Series
Our 2nd most popular style of Metal Spray Shield is the well-known version: the wider, overlapping tabbed edges design that contains spacer rods which allow for spray redistribution.
Related Products: Style I, PTFE Series
Features of Style I include:
- Lockable, adjustable, quick latch fastener
- Installs in seconds
- No tools required
- Eliminates splash or mist
- No sharp edges
- Complete visibility of bolt ends and nuts
- Maximum operating temperature of 2000° F
- Maximum operating pressure of 3000 psi
Features of Style II include:
- Recognized, well-known industry design.
- Overlapping, slotted side edges prevent lateral sprays.
- Spacer rods ensure pressure reduction & fluid distribution through flow space.
- Fabricated of 24 gauge, 316 or 304 stainless steel.
- Hose clamp style fastener assures securing.
- Maximum operating temperature of 2000°F.
- Recommended for high temperatures, high pressures, steam, chemicals, and flammables for fire prevention.