FLANGE PROTECTION SYSTEM
Flange Band Protectors are designed to protect flange internal areas including the flange faces, stud bolts, and gaskets, from environmental elements that can cause corrosion.
Flange protectors by Drake Specialties are used in the oil and gas industry, refining, gas distribution systems, and any place where it is necessary and desirable to protect flanges and joints from salt spray, chemicals, sand, debris, and other rust causing external factors.
For a complete flange protection system, we recommend including Drake Specialties Nut/Bolt Protector Caps and Corrosion Inhibitor Grease. The Nut/Bolt Protector Caps are plastic caps that snap tightly over nuts to protect stud ends and nuts from corrosion. The caps allow for easy unbolting of flanges and valves.
NOTE: Flange Protectors do NOT prevent lateral spray-outs, and therefore should not be used as safety devices. Flange Spray Shields are designed for spray protection and containment.
While nut caps may be used to eliminate excessive paint buildup on bolt threads, the leading benefit is defending the stud bolt threads and hex nuts from rust and corrosion, thus allowing easy unbolting. Nut Caps are economical, reusable, easily installed, and available in all sizes for heavy hex nuts ranging from 1/2″ to 3″.
For additional corrosion protection, we recommend our flange and nut protection grease – Corrosion Inhibitor Grease – added inside the caps to displace air and moisture and extend service life. Grease is available in 14oz cartridges/tubes and 5 gallon pails.
Contact or email the trained staff at Drake Specialties for details and assistance in your flange and pipe protection application.
Benefits of Drake Flange Band Protectors include:
- Envelopes flange and flange internals to prevent corrosion.
- Maintains integrity of gasket and seal.
- Keeps out moisture, chemicals, saltwater, debris, etc.
- Ensures cathodic isolation protection by keeping foreign matter out of flange gap.
- Quickly installed with a screwdriver.
- Available for all size flanges.
- Custom engineered designs available per application
Construction of Drake Flange Band Protectors:
- 316 Stainless Steel band or Kydex® plastic.
- 316 Stainless Steel Zerk injection fittings
- Stainless Steel worm gear clamps, rivets, & washers.
- Plastic vent plug.
- Closed cell neoprene liner for temperatures up to 250° F.
- Optional EPDM rubber liner for temperatures up to 270° F.
- Optional safety relief valve, 4-5 psi.
- Optional PTFE or silicone liner for chemical and high temperature applications.
Flange Band Protectors
Flange Protectors enclose the flange and internals, providing protection from salt spray, sand, chemicals, and other rust causing external factors. For a complete flange protection system, including Drake Specialties Flange Band protectors, in conjunction with Nut/Bolt protectors and grease, is recommended.
Nut/Bolt Cap, Inhibitor Grease, Flange Isolation Gasket Kits
Nut and Bolt Protectors are plastic nut and bolt protector caps that snap tightly over stud ends and nuts to protect them from the environment and eliminate corrosion. Nut protectors are made of polyethylene plastic that is UV and chemical resistant.
Flange Band Protector, Inhibitor Grease, Flange Isolation Gasket Kits
Filling the flange cavity and Nut Caps with non-conductive Corrosion Inhibitor Grease displaces air and moisture to provide extra corrosion protection. Grease is available in 14oz. cartridges/tubes and 5 gallon pails.
Flange Band Protector, Nut/Bolt Cap, Flange Isolation Gasket Kits