SPECIALTY SHIELDS & COVERS
Pipe End Covers, Relief Covers, Actuator Covers, Valve Covers, Welding Blankets, Insulation Blankets
Drake Specialties is the go-to company for specialty, hard-to-find, common-sense products, and takes great pride in protecting personnel, equipment, and the environment. Focusing on diverse applications of safety and protection, we lead the industry in providing problem-solving solutions by designing and manufacturing specialty and custom products for unusual sizes and applications.
Specialty Shields and Covers manufactured by Drake Specialties are various forms of shields, guards, covers, curtains, and blankets fabricated from durable, industrial-grade fabrics with chemical resistant, weatherproof, UV, fireproof, high temperature, insulating, solid color, or see-thru properties.
Standard features and options include draw cord, Velcro, grommets, rings, cord locks, windows and holes of any size.
Pipe End Covers and Pipe Night Caps
Pipe End Covers and Pipe Night Caps are constructed of durable, chemical resistant, UV, weatherproof materials to enclose open pipes and guard against water, animals, dirt, mud, and other debris. Whether, you call it a Pipe Cap, Weather Cap, or Exhaust Pipe Cover, installing Drake Specialties’ weatherproof covers will help reduce the costs of replacing or rebuilding safety relief valves by extending service life. Pipe End Covers are weatherproof “socks” designed to slide over ends of pipe vents and exhaust pipe outlets on safety relief valves and rupture discs.
Safety relief valves and rupture discs are pressure relieving devices critical to plant and pipeline safety. Pipe vent stacks left uncovered and open can accumulate rust, dirt, insects, and debris causing valves to malfunction or fail, thus requiring expensive rebuilding or replacing.
A second style and “specialty” use of pipe covers are for closing off pipe ends of pipelines overnight. These Pipe Night Caps are well-known and utilized by pipe liners and foreman to guard against water, mud, animals, debris, and children. Pipe Night Caps by Drake Specialties are economical and flexible, thus can be easily compacted and stored inside of truck boxes, requiring minimal space. Installation of Drake Pipe Night Caps is considerably quicker and simpler in comparison to heavy, cumbersome, metal type night cap plugs. A draw cord for securing it in place is a standard feature, and tie-down or cinch straps are optional.
I&E / Actuator Covers
Instrumentation and Electrical covers, or I & E covers, are removable instrument enclosures specifically designed to cover and encase instrumentation, electronics, actuators, controls, and expensive equipment, protecting them from chemicals, saltwater, dust, and the elements. These flexible and economical instrument enclosures are fabricated from durable, industrial-grade PVC, polyethylene, and PTFE coated fabrics.
Incorporating removable instrument enclosures – I & E Covers – by Drake Specialties, greatly improves equipment service life, thus reducing maintenance, down time, and costly repairs or replacement.
Insulating Covers/ Blankets
Insulating Covers and Blankets are various forms of removable insulation blankets, thermal covers, and jackets designed to fit over hot processes and piping to protect workers from burns, prevent freezing, prevent heat loss, and control excessive temperature swings. Our insulation blankets contain 1″ thick insulation. Our thermal insulating covers can be installed on check valves as Backflow Covers, as well as flanges, piping, hoses, tanks, and steam traps.
Hose and Pipe Spray Shields
Hose and Pipe Spray Shields are hose covers and pipe covers designed to temporarily contain and detect leaks on various types of pipe, hose, and tubing. These Pipe Spray Protectors are available in wraparound style for existing pipe, and “slip-on” tube style for hose or tubing with detachable end connections.
Hose & Pipe Spray Shields are available in the same quality materials as our PTFE Flange Shields, along with PVC and other fabrics shown in our Flange Spray Shields line.
Specialty Shields & Covers
- Constructed of PVC & PTFE fabrics that are durable/ resistant to chemicals, UV and weather
- Available colors include: safety orange, safety yellow, red and grey
- Keeps out rain, snow, salt spray, birds, animals, insects, sand, and dirt
- Designed to pull over and cap the open ends of pipe vent outlets
- Draw cord for tight securing
- Grommet for rope attachment to prevent loss during adverse weather
- Available for angled and straight cut pipe ends (45° & 90°)
- Maximum operating temperature 170°F/ 76°C
- Increases life, prevents corrosion
- Protects from chemicals, saltwater, acid rain, pressure washing, and elements
- UV, weather, and chemical resistant
- Clear, see-thru styles allow for viewing of positioner
- Economical versus fiberglass and metal styles
- Contains Velcro® and draw cord for easy on-off use
- Available in choices of clear and solid color industrial materials
- Max operating temperature of 400° F
- Custom designed per application
- Prevents heat loss
- Saves money, reduces energy costs
- Provides freeze protection
- Reduces ambient temperature indoors
- Made from durable, industrial-grade fabrics
- UV, weather, chemical, and fire resistant
- Contains 1″ thick fiberglass or ceramic insulation
- Contains D-rings, straps, hook and loop fasteners, or hog rings for attachment
- Installed and removable in seconds
- Available for valves, flanges, piping, hose, steam traps, tanks, check valves, backflow covers, etc
- Can double for use as Spray Shield
- Max operating temperature of 500° F
- Custom designed per application (steam traps, valves, piping, tanks)
- Designed to Temporarily contain and detect leaks on pipes, hoses and tubing.
- Fabricated from PVC OR PTFE materials
- Designed to cover pipes, hoses and tubing
- Available in slip on and wrap around style.
- Clear or see thru windows for visual inspection
- Designed to protect workers and equipment from extreme heat and chemical sprays
- Fabricated from industrial grade PTFE coated and PVC materials
- Clear or “see thru” windows for visual inspection of the equipment, pumps, or process piping
- Welding blankets and customized tarps are available in a broad range of sizes and materials
- Designed to fit over a quick connect and connection fittings on transfer lines
- Fabricated from PTFE Coated fabric
- Easily compacted and stored
- Available in 12″, 18″, & 24″ lengths for all size couplings
Our Specialty Shields and Covers include:
- Sight Glasses
- Flow Indicators
- Rotating Equipment
Curtains and Safety Curtains are designed to protect workers and equipment from hazards such as chemical sprays and extreme heat. Chemical Safety Curtains are fabricated from industrial grade PTFE coated and PVC materials that we use in our wide-ranging line of safety spray shields, specialty spray shields, and pipe and flange protection products. Safety Curtains are available in “all clear”, or with clear “see-thru” windows for visual inspection of equipment, pumps, or process piping. Safety Curtains for high heat or fire protection are available in solid, fiberglass fabrics coated with silicone or heat-shielded aluminized facing.
Kamlok Kovers another “specialty” fitting spray shield is Kamlok Covers which are designed to slip over quick connect and camlock (cam-lock) connection fittings on transfer lines. Kamlok Kovers, commonly called camlock spray shields, are removable, slide-on sleeves that can be easily compacted and stored. Constructed of chemical resistant, PTFE coated fabric, these leak and drip containing covers feature a draw cord and cord locks on each end for quick attachment and removal, and are available in 12″, 18″, and 24″ lengths for all size couplings.
Welding Blankets are custom sized and fabricated from tough, silicone coated and aluminized fiberglass fabrics. Customized Tarps in various fabrics and sizes are available in the same broad range of materials and designs Drake Specialties is renowned for.