FLANGE PROTECTION SYSTEM
Flange Band Protectors are designed to protect flange internal areas including the flange faces, stud bolts, and gaskets, from environmental elements that can cause corrosion.
Flange protectors by Drake Specialties are used in the oil and gas industry, refining, gas distribution systems, and any place where it is necessary and desirable to protect flanges and joints from salt spray, chemicals, sand, debris, and other rust causing external factors.
For a complete flange protection system, we recommend including Drake Specialties Nut/Bolt Protector Caps and Corrosion Inhibitor Grease. The Nut/Bolt Protector Caps are plastic caps that snap tightly over nuts to protect stud ends and nuts from corrosion. The caps allow for easy unbolting of flanges and valves.
NOTE: Flange Protectors do NOT prevent lateral spray-outs, and therefore should not be used as safety devices. Flange Spray Shields are designed for spray protection and containment.
While nut caps may be used to eliminate excessive paint buildup on bolt threads, the leading benefit is defending the stud bolt threads and hex nuts from rust and corrosion, thus allowing easy unbolting. Nut Caps are economical, reusable, easily installed, and available in all sizes for heavy hex nuts ranging from 1/2″ to 3″.
For additional corrosion protection, we recommend our flange and nut protection grease – Corrosion Inhibitor Grease – added inside the caps to displace air and moisture and extend service life. Grease is available in 14oz cartridges/tubes and 5 gallon pails.
Contact or email the trained staff at Drake Specialties for details and assistance in your flange and pipe protection application.
Benefits of Drake Flange Band Protectors include:
- Envelopes flange and flange internals to prevent corrosion.
- Maintains integrity of gasket and seal.
- Keeps out moisture, chemicals, saltwater, debris, etc.
- Ensures cathodic isolation protection by keeping foreign matter out of flange gap.
- Quickly installed with a screwdriver.
- Available for all size flanges.
- Custom engineered designs available per application
Construction of Drake Flange Band Protectors:
- 316 Stainless Steel band or Kydex® plastic.
- 316 Stainless Steel Zerk injection fittings
- Stainless Steel worm gear clamps, rivets, & washers.
- Plastic vent plug.
- Closed cell neoprene liner for temperatures up to 180° F.
- Optional EPDM rubber liner for temperatures up to 270° F.
- Optional safety relief valve, 4-5 psi.
- Optional PTFE or silicone liner for chemical and high temperature applications.
Flange Band Protectors
Flange Protectors enclose the flange and internals, providing protection from salt spray, sand, chemicals, and other rust causing external factors. For a complete flange protection system, including Drake Specialties Flange Band protectors, in conjunction with Nut/Bolt protectors and grease, is recommended.
- Constructed of 316 or 304 stainless steel, 316 stainless steel worm gear clamp, 316 stainless steel injection fitting with gasket liner of closed cell neoprene
- Designed to cover flanges to protect flange faces, stud bolts, and gaskets from corrosion
- Keeps moisture, chemicals, saltwater, acid rain etc. out.
- Quickly installed with a screwdriver
- Available for all size flanges and custom engineered designs available per application.
- Available in 2″ and 3″ wide bands
- Gasket liner of closed cell neoprene, maximum operating temperature of 180°F.
- Optional EPDM rubber gasket liner, maximum operating temperature of 270°F
- Optional safety relief valve bleeds at 5- psi.
- Optional liner of PTFE or silicone for chemical and high temperature applications
- Optional Kydex which is a High performance plastic/ Kydex is fire retardant, rigid, and has a high impact resistance.
Nut/Bolt Cap, Inhibitor Grease, Flange Isolation Gasket Kits
Nut and Bolt Protectors are plastic nut and bolt protector caps that snap tightly over stud ends and nuts to protect them from the environment and eliminate corrosion. Nut protectors are made of polyethylene plastic that is UV and chemical resistant.
- Molded from UV, chemicals and weather resistant polyethylene plastic
- Designed to protect Heavy Hex nuts and stud bolt ends from corrosion
- Easy to install and nearly impossible to knock off
- Keeps out moisture, chemicals, salt spray & paint build up
- Available for all size studs and bolts/ custom sizes and material are available
- Standard color is Black
- Economical and reusable
- Fill caps with our corrosion inhibitor grease for added protection
- Maximum operating temperature 212°F, 170°F constant
Flange Band Protector, Inhibitor Grease, Flange Isolation Gasket Kits
Filling the flange cavity and Nut Caps with non-conductive Corrosion Inhibitor Grease displaces air and moisture to provide extra corrosion protection. Grease is available in 14oz. cartridges/tubes and 5 gallon pails.
- Used mostly for pumps, conveyors, plant machinery, construction equipment, and industrial applications.
- Excellent for saltwater protection, anti-rust properties, non-conducive, increased load carrying properties, non-leaded.
- Lithium Based
- Can be used to fill the cavity of the Flange band protector or fill the Nut/bolt cap for added protection.
- Available in 14 0z tube cartridge for grease gun use, 5 gallon pail and 55 gallon drum
- Operating Temperature is 275 Degrees
Flange Band Protector, Nut/Bolt Cap, Flange Isolation Gasket Kits